If you're running into issues playing an app on your Kindle Fire device, please try the steps below:
Visit the official Amazon site for additional support.
Note: the following troubleshooting steps also apply to apps that are no longer receiving updates and have moved to a legacy status. If these steps do not help, then it is likely that the legacy app will no longer work as intended on your device.
1. Force close the app and any apps running in the background
- Swipe down on the top of your screen to access the "Menu". You can also view the menu by tapping the gear icon in the top right.
- Tap "More" to view your Settings, then select "Applications".
- Tap "Filter by" in the drop down menu at the top of your screen, then select "Running Applications".
- Select the app you want to close, then tap "Force Stop".
- Tap OK, then select "Clear Data". Tap OK again to confirm your selection.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining applications you want to close.
2. Restart your device
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Kindle?" appear.
- Tap Shut Down.
- After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your device.
- When the device has restarted, try launching the app again.
3. Updating the app
- Turn on your Kindle Fire, then tap "Apps" at the top of your screen.
- Tap "Store" in the top right, then tap the "Menu" at the bottom of your screen.
NOTE: If you're using a newer Kindle Fire device, the menu icon may be located in the top left or bottom right of your screen.
- Tap on "App Updates" at the bottom of your screen. A list of all apps requiring updates will appear.
- Tap "Update" next to the app you want updated.
4. Update your device software
Download and Install Software Updates Automatically:
Your device needs to be fully charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before you can download the software update.
- Swipe down on the top of your screen, then tap "Settings".
- Tap "Device Options", and then tap "System Updates".
- Tap "Check Now" – if there is an available update your Fire device it will automatically download it.
- After you download the update, tap "Update".
Your device will restart during the software update. After restarting, you will see a "Installing system update" message on your screen.
Download and Install Software Updates Manually:
Click here to visit the Amazon support site for detailed steps on how to manually install updates on your Kindle Fire device.