- Does the game support Windows XP 64-bit?
- What are the minimum system requirements?
- What video cards/chipsets are NOT supported?
- What video cards are supported?
Does the game support Windows XP 64-bit?
The 64-bit version of Windows XP is not supported by LucasArts for this title.
What are the minimum system requirements?
STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords requires the following:
- Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium III or Athlon XP class 1 GHz or faster CPU (Recommended Pentium 4 or Athlon XP class 1.6 GHz or faster CPU)
- 256MB RAM (512MB Recommended)
- 32MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible AGP or PCX 3D graphics card with Hardware T&L(Transform and Lighting) capability (128MB graphics card with Hardware VS/PC (Vertex Shading, Pixel Shader) capability recommended
- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- 4X or faster CD-ROM drive (16X or faster recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse
- DirectX 9.0c (included on the CD.
- 3.5 GB free hard drive space for installation
NOTE: Windows 98SE has entered its non-supported phase as of December 2004. Because of this, some hardware manufacturers no longer develop drivers for this operating system. If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, you must have local Administrator or Power User rights to properly install the game. Only local Administrator rights will allow you to update DirectX in these operating systems.
What video cards/chipsets are NOT supported?
The following chipsets did not meet the minimum specification or were found to have significant problems when playing STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic II. Some chipsets listed below may end up working if updated drivers become available.
- 3dfx Voodoo Graphics (Voodoo 1), Voodoo 2, Voodoo 3, Voodoo 4/5 (VSA 100), Voodoo Banshee,
- Voodoo Rush
- #9 Ticket to Ride family
- ATI 3D Rage II
- ATI Rage 128 family, Rage Pro family, Radeon 7000/7200/7500
- Intel i740/i810, i845/i865, i915
- Matrox G100/G200, G400/G450/G550, Millennium P650/P750, Parhelia 512
- Mpact 2
- PowerVR 250, Kyro/Kyro II, PCX/PCX-2
- NVIDIA RIVA 128/128 ZX, RIVA TNT/TNT2 family
- NVIDIA GeForce 256, GeForce 2 MX
- Permedia 2
- Rendition V1000, V2100/V2200
- S3 DeltaChrome S8, Savage 2000, Savage 3D, Savage 4, ViRGE family
- SiS 315, 6326, Xabre 200/400/600
- Trident 3D Image 975/985, Blade 3D 9880, BladeXP
- XGI Volari V3/V5/V8
What video cards are supported?
Below is a list of the video cards that are supported by STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. A 32MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D graphics card with Hardware T&L (Transform and Lighting) is required.
- ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200
- ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800
- ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800
- Nvidia GeForce 2/3/4 Family
- Nvidia GeForceFX family
- Nvidia Geforce 6 family
Article is closed for comments.