- Jedi Knight CD-ROM #2 required first time running Mysteries Of The Sith
- Restoring Deleted Control Configuration Files
- Why does the game ask for the Jedi Knight disc?
- How do I set up two computers for serial play?
- Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates
Jedi Knight CD-ROM #2 required first time running Mysteries Of The Sith
You will be asked for your original Jedi Knight Disc #2 the first time that you play Mysteries of the Sith. We have found that some computers with Windows 95 OSR2 and certain CD-ROM drives may bring up a Windows confirmation box if you try to eject the Mysteries of the Sith CD. This box is not visible under the game. If you try to eject the CD-ROM while Mysteries of the Sith is running, and it doesn't open, just press enter on your keyboard to confirm the unseen Windows message. This should allow you to continue normally.
Restoring Deleted Control Configuration Files
If you delete one of the control configurations in the game, you can copy the configuration file from the Mysteries of the Sith CD. To do this:
- Go to the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Right-click on Mysteries of the Sith CD icon.
- Choose Open.
- Double-click on the Gamedata folder.
- Double-click on the Controls folder.
- Right-click on the name of the Joystick controller that you deleted
- Choose Copy. You are now ready to copy this back to the Controls folder in the Mysteries of the Sith directory where you installed the game on your computer. If you chose to install to the default location, this will be C:\Program Files\LucasArts\MotS\Controls.
- Go to the MotS directory and Paste the controller file into the Controls folder.
Why does the game ask for the Jedi Knight disc?
Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith Companion Missions requires that your insert your original Jedi Knight game CD#2, for a copy-protection check when you first play the game.
How do I set up two computers for serial play?
You need a Null Modem cable. This can be a Serial cable with a Null Modem adapter or it can be Null Modem Cable. A standard Serial cable without the Null Modem cable or a Parallel cable will not work. Serial type cables are available with either 9-pin connectors at each end or 25-pin connectors. Make sure the cable ends are of the right pin count and gender as the available Serial (COM) port on the back of your computer. Connect the cable between available COM ports. Hopefully, these may be labeled on the back of your computer. Look for a connector that says COM 1, COM 2, Serial 1, Serial 2, etc. When you find an available Serial port on each computer, connect them using the Null Modem cable. Make sure the COM port is enabled and not being used by any other device (such as a serial mouse or internal modem).
Note: Some OEM computers do not have external COM ports available. Usually these are brand name computers that use non-standard space-saving cases. Check to make sure you have COM ports on your computer. Install the game on each computer using Disc 1. The second computer can play a Multiplayer game using disc 2, but the game must first be installed using Disc 1. Launch the game on each computer. Host game on first computer and select proper COM port. From the Main Screen: Click Multiplayer, then Host Game. Select Serial Connection for DirectPlay, then click on OK. Configure the game and character options then click on OK. The Serial Play Dialog will appear. Choose the appropriate COM port (the one the cable is connected to), leave the other settings at the default, then hit OK. The game should Start. Join game with second computer and select proper COM port. From the Main Screen: Click Multiplayer, then Join Game. Select Serial Connection for DirectPlay, then hit OK. The Serial Play Dialog will appear. Choose the appropriate COM port (the one the cable is connected to), leave the other settings at the default, then hit OK. You will see the Choose game list, with the word Searching. Once the connection is made, the game name will appear in the window. Simply click on it and choose OK. The game should Start.
Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
Yes, all the older titles being released through Steam and Direct2Drive include all available patches or updates. Note that unless indicated, they do not include any expansions or plugins.