What are the system requirements for STAR WARS™: The Force Unleashed II on Windows?
- Windows XP SP3,
- Windows Vista SP2,
- Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 DuoX 2.4 Gig
- AMD Athlon X2 5200+
- 2 GB
- 10 GB Hard Drive Space + 1 GB Swap File
- Video Card
- 256 MB Video Memory with shader 3.0 support,
- ATI Radeon 2600 or better,
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or better
- Sound Card
- DirectX 9.0 Compatible
Game hangs when attempting to log-in to the leaderboards, while in an offline Challenge.
If the game is hangs when you attempt to log in, you must exit the application through Task Manager (Alt + Ctrl +Del) or re-boot the system. After this, re-launch the game and log in to the leaderboards, prior to entering a Challenge.
When inserting the disk and clicking on 'Install' from the Autorun window, an error occurs: 'Please insert the STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed 2 disk'.
Manually run the "setup.exe" file directly from the game disc, by doing the following:
- Navigate to the disc drive where the game disc is inserted.
- Right-click on the game disc and select "Open" in the dropdown that appears.
- Click on "setup.exe" to begin the install process.
The mouse look/camera controls are rotated on "Gravis Eliminator Aftershock".
At this time we do not have an a fix for the following mouse look/ camera issues on "Gravis Eliminator Aftershock".
- Moving the Right Analog stick does not move camera in the logical, corresponding direction.
- Moving the Right Analog stick left causes the camera to look up. Moving the stick to the right points the camera down. Moving the stick down turns the camera to the left.
- Moving the stick up turns the camera right.
"Audio device is not detected" message is displayed at launch, though audio drivers are correctly installed.
This can happen if the Operating System is not activated. Please activate the OS.
- How do I get to my Download/Purchase History on the Xbox 360 LIVE Marketplace? In order to view your Download History on the Xbox 360 to re-download or view a DLC:
- On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
- Go to "My Xbox", and then select your avatar.
- Go to "Account Management", and then select "Manage Account." Select "Download History."
- You can look through your "download history" to locate the DLC that you wish to re-download again.
NOTE: You will NOT be charged to re-download the DLC again since you have already purchased it.