- What does the 1.04 update for Jedi Outcast™ correct?
- Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
- Can I move the program folder after installing the game?
- How do I test my sound card and video card for DirectX compatibility?
Please download and install the Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast™ 1.04 update (Download Now!). This update is required for multiplayer compatibility with other players who have the update installed.
What does the 1.04 update for Jedi Outcast™ correct?
This patch version has been modified to correct various gameplay issues, including:
- Corrected issue which caused servers to crash in rare instances.
- Corrected issue causing damage not to ramp up and down properly when using the backstab move in light saber stance.
- Corrected bug allowing players to pivot while executing backstab moves in all stances. Players may no longer pivot when executing these moves.
- Fixed bug causing force pull to be unblockable by people with equal or greater pull rank.
- Adjusted ammo usage of the Imperial repeater alt-fire.
- Fixed bug allowing inventory items to be used in FFA saber challenges.
- Corrected an exploit which allowed players to fall from large heights at a slow rate.
- Corrected issue which caused pain sounds not to play properly when hit by opponents. Pain sounds should now be relative to the amount of damage taken.
NOTE: This update includes all modifications that were originally incorporated in Jedi Outcast™ version 1.03. This update addresses multiplayer bug fixes and balance issues only. It will not affect your saved games. All Multiplayer users must use Jedi Outcast™ version 1.04.
Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
Yes, all the older titles being released through Steam and Direct2Drive include all available patches or updates. Note that unless indicated, they do not include any expansions or plugins.
Can I move the program folder after installing the game?
If you wish to move the game to a new folder, we recommend that you uninstall first, then reinstall to the new location. When uninstalling, make sure to choose Yes when prompted to keep your user profile so you do not lose your progress. Simply moving the folder will cause the uninstaller to be unable to find the program and you will need to manually uninstall the game.
How do I test my sound card and video card for DirectX compatibility?
Steps for this can be found here.