When attempting to launch the Star Wars™ App on your Android device, an error message appears stating your app has not downloaded completely and to tap OK to continue. Tapping OK only refreshes the window.
This issue can be resolved by force closing the app and restarting your device. After restarting, you should now be able to launch the app on your device.
For detailed steps, please click the following links:
If you are still having issues launching the app after these steps, try uninstalling the app, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app from the Google Play Store.
1. Force close the app and any apps running in the background:
- Tap the "Recent Apps" button (looks like two overlapping rectangles) on your device to bring up any apps that are currently running.
- Swipe to the left to close them.
- To force stop an app from here, tap and hold, then select "App Info."
- Tap "Force Stop."
You can also:
- Hold down the "Home" screen button until all of your apps appear.
- Swipe to the left or right to close the open app.
Note: If you have an older device these steps may be slightly different. Try clicking "Settings", then "Applications" to see your running apps.
2. Restart your device:
- Hold down the power button (usually found on the right-hand side of the device).
- Select "Power Off", then "Turn Off."
- Wait 30-45 seconds, then hold down the power button until the device logo appears.