Where do I find the latest patch?
You can download and install the STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy 1.01 update (Download Now!). This update is required for multiplayer compatibility with other players who have the update installed.
Do the digital download versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
Yes, all the older titles being released through Steam and Direct2Drive include all available patches or updates. Note that unless indicated, they do not include any expansions or plugins.
An error message about Cyclic Redundancy Check or CRC appears when installing or starting the program
Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) is a checksum to verify that the file has not been corrupted. When the file starts to copy, the operating system compares the file from the CD to the one on the hard drive. If the file does not match the original from the CD, then the CRC error occurs. There are few things that can cause this:
- Make sure the CD is clean and free of scratches. Even if the CD appears clean, take a soft damp cloth and wipe the bottom side of the CD-ROM starting from the inside and working towards the outside. Repeat as necessary until the CD-ROM is clean. If there are any scratches or imperfections, please obtain a replacement CD.
- Try using a CD or DVD Cleaning kit to make sure the lens is clean and free of dirt and foreign material, even if other CD/DVDs seem to read fine.
- For Windows 2000 or Windows XP, make sure you are logged into an account that has administrator privileges when attempting to install or run the software.
- For Windows 98 or Windows ME, adjust Auto-Insert Notification and DMA.
- Go to Start, Settings, and then Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the "+" sign by CD-ROM.
- Highlight the CD-ROM listed there and click the Properties button at the bottom.
- Click the Settings tab and remove the check mark from the entry by Auto-Insert Notification.
- Click on the check mark next to DMA.
- Click Apply or OK, and restart the system when prompted.
- Check with the CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD or System Manufacturer for the latest firmware for your CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD drive.
If the suggestions above do not work, replace the CD.
Can I move the program folder after installing the game?
If you wish to move the game to a new folder, we recommend that you uninstall first, then reinstall to the new location. When uninstalling, make sure to choose Yes when prompted to keep your user profile so you do not lose your progress. Simply moving the folder will cause the uninstaller to be unable to find the program and you will need to manually uninstall the game.
There was an error during the installation, and now it won't let me reinstall the program.
If the CD is removed from the drive during installation at any time other than when prompted to switch to CD2, the installation may be incomplete or the game may crash to the desktop. When this occurs, you may be unable to reinstall through the launcher. To reinstall the game, go to the GameData directory on the CD and run Setup. This will properly install the game. Academy version 1.01.
What is the second disc for STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for?
The second disk is only for installation purposes. You then run the game off the first disk.
How do I test my sound card and video card for DirectX compatibility?
You can find instructions on how to test your system's DirectX compatibility here.
Article is closed for comments.