Unity Web Player
Some online games on StarWars.com use the "Unity Web Player", a game engine running within your web browser. The Unity Web Player Plugin must be downloaded and installed into your web browser to play these games. If you are running a game for the first time, you will be prompted to install the Unity Web Player Plugin (if it hasn't already been installed).
- Google Chrome: Since the Unity Web Player is already installed on Google Chrome, users will just be prompted to allow the Unity Player permission to run on the site.
- Installing the Unity Web Player: install the Unity Web Player manually
Occasionally, loading errors may occur after a game is updated. These errors are usually caused by older versions of the game being saved on your computer through caching. If the game runs without issue on a different computer, a recommended fix would be to clear your Unity Player's cache:
- Go to http://webplayer.unity3d.com/setup to view a list of what is currently cached on your hard disk
- Click on the title of the game in question and then click on the Delete [GAME]... button
- A warning prompt will appear stating all data will have to be redownloaded; click the Delete [GAME] button to confirm
- Try loading the game again and you should be up and running
If you’re still having issues loading your Unity Web Player, please visit the Unity Answers page or post your question to the community.
Some online games on StarWars.com use Java. To check if you have the latest version of Java, update Java, or download it to your computer please click the link here. For a list of basic troubleshooting tips, please visit: http://java.com/en/download/help/troubleshoot_java.xml
Some online games on StarWars.com use Adobe Flash. To check the version currently installed on your system, or to download Flash, please visit: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about. For steps on how to resolve common problems with Adobe Flash, including audio and video issues, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/common-problems-flash-player.html
Article is closed for comments.