The default movement settings in Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition should provide the most comfortable game experience for most players. However, if you would like to customize movement options to your preferred style, follow the steps below:
- Launch Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition
- From the Main Menu, select Settings
- In the left column, select Movement
- Toggle Free Move to ON and select More Settings
The various movement settings available are outlined below:
Head Oriented Steering
While the Head Oriented Steering setting is enabled, the user will move in the direction their head is facing. Below are the different settings options available:
- Enabled: Forward movement is based on the direction you are facing with the headset.
- Keep Forward Direction: Forward movement is based on the direction of the headset, but direction can also be reset and controlled with thumbsticks.
- Disabled: Forward movement is based on the direction where the PlayStation VR2 Sense™ controller is pointed.
System Oriented Steering
While the System Oriented Steering setting is enabled, hold the Options button to recenter — this will realign the front facing direction with the direction you're physically facing.
Hand Oriented Steering
While the Head Oriented Steering and System Oriented Steering settings are disabled, the forward direction is determined by which direction the movement controller is pointed.
Keep Forward Direction
While the Keep Forward Direction setting is enabled, the forward direction is set on the start of movement.
While holding up on the analog stick, the player will continue in the initial forward direction no matter while turning their head. To set a new direction, the player should release the thumbstick, turn their head to face in another direction, then press the thumbstick forward again.